Fay Evelyn Schlob Dumbley Devay Cochrane (played by Rebecca Schull), has been the symbol of Sandpiper Air, standing behind the counter for years taking calls and making reservations. Her witty sarcasm always earns a laugh, as well do the strange stories of her life and three dead husbands all named George.
INTERERSTING FACTS of Fay Cochrane
- Fay had an ancestor on the Mayflower.
- Either her first or second husband was in the army, she cannot remember.
Her first husband was a boxer, and she was his corner man. She didn't mind the language, but hated the spitting. Her second husband was a fanatic about being late. Her second husband used to flick his cigar ashes all around.
- Fay claims to have buried two of her husbands in June.
- Fay's first husband died when he was hit by a truck.
- Fay played drums in the USO all girls band, Korea 1952.
- Fay used to live in Manhattan and Syracuse.
- Fay was arrested once in 1966 for decking a guy during an anti-war rally.
- Fay used to serve sodas at Woolworth's.
- Fay once crawled through a baggage hull as a stewardess and kicked down the landing gear.
- The airline she worked for was forcing her to retire when she met Joe on flight 211 to Honolulu.
- Fay is an honorary Sioux Indian.
- Scallops are one of her favorite foods.
- Fay thinks Lucielle Ball is hysterical.
- Fay has touched every first lady in the last fifty years.
- Fay has erotic dreams about David Brinkley.
- Fay lives at 205 Elm Street.
- Fays favorite color is blue.